Welcome to UnknownCritics.com, where two twenty-something writers and film enthusiasts will share their thoughts and criticism on all things cinema.
My name is Suzanne. You may have scurried over here from my other blog, And The Suzanne Goes to, where I’ve charted the Oscar season for the past year or so. After some moderate success, I decided to shift gears and begin another blogging project with my friend Jeremy.
Jeremy and I are unknown film critics. We’ve been writing reviews in print and on the web for a few years, but we’re looking to cast that net a little wider, hence this online space.
Here’s what you’ll find every week:
- Monday: Jeremy will be writing his column “Subtitles,” which will include a review or commentary on something going on in World Cinema.
- Tuesday: You may have caught Suzanne’s feature, “Trailer Tuesday” over at her other blog, and it will bridge the gap over to Unknown Critics. Trailer Tuesday will feature a trailer review of an upcoming release.
- Wednesday: “Best Picture Flashback” will feature a review of a previous Best Picture winner.
- Thursday: What’s going on in today’s cinema? On Thursdays, we’ll post an opinion piece on something film news-related.
- Friday: “The Weekend According to Known Critics” will prepare you for the weekend’s new releases by providing a summary of what we already know.
Of course, in addition to these features, Jeremy and I will be posting our reviews of current films we’re watching in the theater.
What you won’t find, however, is up-to-date film news on what’s going on in today’s cinema. Jeremy and I are not interested in “breaking news,” and if you’re looking for an exclusive Iron Man 2 trailer, you won’t find one here.
Please feel free to join in any discussion in the comments section. And if there’s something else you’re dying to tell us, I can be reached at email@example.com.